Saturday, December 13, 2008

Windy Saturday!

Last night was our yearly Christmas party for my DH store. I look fwd to it all year long.........NOT! Since I am trying to find the good in things. The good thing about the Christmas party is DH and I got to drive into town and home childless. It is nice to have a talk without someone going, "What did you say?" We also manged to find my DIL's birthday present and my DD's late one. Her birthday was last weekend, but ..... :) Other than that we made a fast run through Sams and got my list .... plus a few of course. After the part we made a run through Wal-mart and finished off the list plus several of those "Oh yea..." items.
Big kids kept little kids. They made pizza and watched part of "The Sound of Music." I would bet they had a lot more fun than I did!
As to other stuff happening around here.
Life is never dull. My son called me Tue.
or Wed. night to come to the hwy to
pick up a baby goat. Some one had left
it in the pens and it would just die so......
She is doing great. She was lonely until this morning. I fixed that.


This morning I found a lamb all alone.
Now a lamb alone isn't normal. This one still had a wet umbilical cord. He wasn't far from the heard so I just stopped and waited the sheep all came to me, but no one wanted to claim him. I fed the sheep and when and claimed him. As you can see in this picture his head is funny. It is swollen. That means he was a hard birth, probably spent time hung up in the birth canal. I did finally figure out which ewe was mama. She was a first time mama and I'm sure when she finally got rid of that pain she got up and took off, never looking back! He is doing good. His head is so swollen I was afraid he wouldn't be able to nurse, but he proved that wrong!

I came up with a sewing idea for my kids. They need practice on basic sewing stuff. I saw these baby books at Wal-Mart. They are in the fabric section and you just cut sew and have a book for babies to eat...er play with. These are the perfect sewing projects. I thought I had the pellon at home, but don't so they can't finish them yet. Two of the kids jumped on the idea.











T did a great job cutting hers out. MJ did a good job except he let his scissors get into one of the panels. I will have to figure out how to repair it where he can use it.

I wish I could get a picture of wind. It just doesn't show up. Today it is terrible. The wind howls the dust blows, yet
catching it on camera is almost
impossible for me. So I did the next
best thing. I caught a barn full of fowl
on camera. They only hide out in the
barn when the wind is terrible. It is
hard to strut your stuff if you are a
peacock when the wind is blowing
30 mph. So they find less windy places
... like my barn!

Now for some more news..........










Meet Sarah Racheal-Marie!

2 comments:

Tasha said...

I love the name Sarah Rachael-Marie. Both of my daugthers have Marie as part of their middle names! Beautiful.

And I'm planning to get goats and sheep in the late spring...feel like giving me pointers & tips? I've never had anything more than a dog or cat. Oops, take that back, we've had chickens! LOL

Nola said...

LOL feel free to ask any question you want. I may not know the answer and different areas different things work, but I have NO problem giving my .02 any time!