Monday, December 15, 2008

Monday

It was 24 this morning when I went out to start chores. Have I mentioned how bad I don't like cold? I did break out the coveralls. My ranger ride was brisk to say the least. Days like this make me very thankful I have a milking machine. I just wash the udder and allow the machine to milk. I get to dry my hands! My little lamb and goat are doing great. Even with the cold. I also didn't find any problems with my sheep today. I do try to pay special attention as I zoom around the pasture when it is cold. I haven't decided if going fast in the ranger and being colder is better or going slow and not having as much windchill, but being cold longer is the way to go. I usually do a mixture of the two.


This morning I grated my collection of zote soap. I try to buy a few bars any
time I find them then when I need laundry soap grate them all. Grating and

cleaning up the grating mess takes longer than finishing making 5 gallons of
laundry soap. I will share with anyone that wants to trade a grated bar for an ungrated as long as I have zote when I get ready to make soap. I still think it is
a great deal. 5 gallons of laundry soap
cost less than $5 to make. A LOT less! It is lasting about 3 months at our house. I grated for my DIL and I both this morning. She had three bars and I had about 8 when I got finished digging them out from where they had gotten put in the pantry. We are now set for making laundry soap now for a long time. I did add a little more borax to mine this time. Our water is hard and our water softener isn't working so it is extremely hard. I hope adding more borax will improve that issue.

This afternoon some one here has to go get feed. I announced early that who ever finished school could go. I don't see anyone getting extremely busy. I had planned to leave them here with my DIL and go myself. She thought going for a drive would be nice. So she may do that and all the non finished school kids will be staying. I am guessing she will take her son. He is most welcome to stay here and play but.....

I did make her promise she would stop by the mail box and see if I have a package. The USPS said that they have delivered my MP3 player. I can hardly wait! I then get to learn how to transfer CD's to MP3 format. Oh the joys of upgrading.

I guess since sacks didn't get sacked this morning when I ask them to I better go sack them to return for more feed. The sacks cost .50 each to buy, but they will give you that much back each time you return them.

Everyone have a blessed day!

No comments: