Friday, December 19, 2008

Finally Friday...

How do you like the new look? My DIL was busy changing her look and not to be out done God provided this sunset! I already had the camera in hand as I was taking pictures of grand son being a ham. I almost waited to long to get the pictures. It was beautiful though!

Yesterday's therapy and case worker meeting went great. Prayer is powerful. Case worker never mentioned "Are you sure you want to do this?" She also received her new name with a LOOK like a S! Yea! She even had to admit that this child has been transformed! She said she kept asking her if she was OK she was so quite and calm. :) God of course!

This morning was foggy! I love fog! I had such a wonderful drive in the fog checking stock. The fog had lifted a little so I could see pretty well. I love how the Bible talks about God coming down in a cloud.... cloud=fog. So this morning I praised Him as I sang quietly and enjoyed the blanket of fog that He had me wrapped in.

Plans for today? I think I am going to send 3 children to the garden to plant onions. S has school work to do. After they do the onions I hope S is done with school. I will send them all on a fire wood expedition. The onions are onions that we harvested in the summer that have decided they want to sprout. They will work well and make onions for next spring if I get them in the ground.

I plan on working on baby blankets. I found this really pretty fleece yesterday at Wal-mart. I really should stay out of the fabric dept. Then I found this other fleece that while not pretty was really LOUD and bright. Think the Norther lights in rainbow colors. I did get a back for the pretty fleece, but the other one I think I will just cut tassels and call it made. I also need to get my new grand baby's blanket made. Since he is due any day. It would be nice to have it ready when she delivers.

I am working hard on teaching kids to cook. I let S do cream of wheat yesterday. I did good at keeping my mouth shut until I saw her measuring that 1/2 CUP of salt out to add. It should have been a tea spoon. Today MN made cream of wheat. S was right there to make sure she did the salt right. :)

Since we are running low on beef I am having to be creative with chicken. I don't know what we will have today. I may do some pasta and chicken with curry sauce. That sounds good. I have never made curry sauce. I have some curry powder and we like it as long as I don't over do. Our beef is scheduled for late Jan. :( I am ready for him gone now. I do wonder and hope dh beats the beef with the freezer. If not I am going to have to juggle meat again since my ds has filled my freezer to the top with deer. Maybe that will be incentive to help dh get the freezer done.

No comments: