Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Garlic Pasta with a Twist

A friend shared with us this super simple recipe that is a huge it of garlic pasta.

Cook pasta of your choice, we usually use whole wheat spaghetti.  Drain then add lots of butter, garlic and Parmesan cheese.  Mix well and serve.   We use the minced garlic in a jar from Sam's.   The more garlic the better this is.  Vampires don't stand a chance when this is made.  

Last night I decided to give it a twist.   I finely chopped broccoli, onions, spinach and grated carrots.  I cook this with my pasta.  Then added the other ingredients after it was done.   It was a huge hit.   I thought I was fixing enough for  lunch today, but only if one person eats lunch.

Quick and easy, two must on my cooking.   I had said as I was tossing it together that my new rule is if children don't find something to fix for supper mom will and they will eat what ever mom fixes.  I think it backfired last night.   They ate it with gusto. 

No comments: