Friday, June 5, 2009

Day two of WAITING...........

As of about 1 pm Yesterday, I had a phone call from our CW (case worker). She had already gotten an email back from the AW(Adoption worker). AW had a couple of questions. One was just old information on status of where my son and DIL live. Not WITH us, but next door. The other was Would we be willing to send the kids to school for the waiting period? I calmly said that wouldn't be what we wanted to do. I didn't say no, but sure didn't say yes. I did then follow it by we would be seeking a waiver. I went on to tell our CW to share that I am not new to homeschooling. That my track record of 17 years speaks for it's self in my grown sons and in the blossoming of the 4 we have now. I also shared I would be willing to provide computer generated updates from the computer based curriculum we would be using for the older two. CW emailed that information to her. We will see what happens now.

Since it was after 8 before our CW would have gotten our email and she had a reply waiting when she came back from lunch does anyone think there are 3 families interested in these children? DH and I talked last night and I said I didn't know what I would do if they said we have to do the school thing. He thought a minute and said we wouldn't accept them, and the fight would be on. So please stand in agreement with me that this is a dead issue. That God has taken care of this in the case workers heart and head. Also pray that we hear TODAY. I don't want to go all weekend without knowing. Not that knowing will help me sleep! But, waiting and wondering sure doesn't do much for my sleeping, while my dh snoozes beside me like a baby!

As to ages of the kids, they are babies! 2, 3, 6, 9 and 10 GGBBG. I find it interesting that two are older than my youngest, who is 8. She is 2 months into 4th grade. The 10 yo will be starting 4 grade in the fall and the 9 yo is going into 3rd. My 8 yo is the only one of my kids that has never been to PS. She is 2 grade levels ahead as she has an after Sept. birthday. She makes mainly A's unless she decides she doesn't want to take the time to read lessons, just guess at answers. Then she makes C's usually, which aren't OK. Maybe she is getting it figured out that redoing her C's really takes more time than reading the lesson and doing it right and getting an A. Of the other 3 that have been PS'ed I have two behind. One almost a year behind as he failed in PS, and one well she is making great strides at catching up. MN is slightly ahead of her grade, she "should" start 6th in the fall an she started in April. I guess by the time PS kicks back in the fall she will be 1/2 through with 6th.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I haven't left you a comment in a while but I am still reading! I have been keeping you and family in prayer and the adoption process too. I am in awe of your life and witness for the work of God all around you. We will continue to stand with you for the Lord's will to be done.

Jan, aka PraiseHisName