Thursday, June 4, 2009

"We are in it this far why stop now"

I really do have an amazing husband. Yesterday our case worker called me bubbling over. She was so excited, she ask me if I was setting down. By then I had figured out who I was talking to and the goose bumps started to rise. She said we had been picked as one of the three families to read the in depth information on a sibling group of FIVE. Yes you read that right 5-FIVE!!!!

I read him all the stuff on the kids pointing out the bad side I saw in each one. Over all there isn't to much bad IMHO. Only one of the school age ones on meds. Normal ODD and depressive stuff that is "normal" and to be expected in kids in foster care, again IMHO. We talked off and on all evening about it. At one point he said, "They do make a 4x4 15 passenger diesel van. I checked on line today." His last words about the subject before he went soundly asleep was, "We are in it this far why stop now." The poof he went to sleep. Did I mention I didn't sleep well last night? I put bedrooms together, schoolroom, you name it I thought about it, then dreamed about kids and picking "MY"kids out of a bunch! But they had all changed colors! I was looking and looking S had one of the babies, but I couldn't figure out which others were mine. It wasn't a scary dream just frustration that I "thought" they were Hispanic and what I was finding were older and black or white.

Since we are in it this far, I will be telling our worker after reading the summary on the kids that we are still interested. I have talked to my 4 until I am blue about the work and responsibility that 5 more will bring. In some ways they get it. In some ways they just want to share the stability they have with others. Because S's adoption is fresh and for MN it was hard I remind her how hard it was and still is at times. Her answer is, "I know but". Please keep this in prayer.

God could still easily shut the door for us. They were to pick three families to read the information. So there could be 1-2 other families wanting these kids. Our case worker doesn't really feel that they have people beating down the door to adopt a sibling group of 5 so we could be the only ones, who knows! I will just walk in faith and ask God to shut the door and I won't beat it open IF that is His will. If He wants these kids in our family then I know He will provide all the things we need.

If anyone knows of a 4x4 diesel 15 passenger van for sale let us know. I don't want to spend money until we know for sure and then want to do it as cheap as possible.This is exciting and scary all at the same time.

3 comments:

teresaH said...

Wow! You will do great. I have been foloowing you blog since January when we accepted a sibling group of five. I know where you are headed. It is fun and hard work. Are they together now? How old are they? Ours were separated into different foster families for over a year. So, putting everyone under one roof was like pulling together 3 families. I had the oldest children and 3 babies; all of them volleying for position.The 4 year old still hasn't figured out where she fits. She is now the middle child. Until now she has been the oldest. What a change! I'll be praying for you. Please keep us posted.

Regina said...

Your DH is great! Lots of guys would just say nope, too much work. It's cute that he already checked on the van. Sounds like you guys are all on the same page, which is a great place to be!

Sarah said...

Hey Mom I am keeping you in My prayers. You are a wonderful Mother always will be and if these kids end up on your doorstep I know right away you will make their life so much better like you did mine. I will keep prayers going for you and everyone says Hi and good luck!!! Love always SRMJ