Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Planning.........

Ideas wanted:

Our garage is 32x25 with the 32 side being solid walls. One one end there are the two garage doors, on the other there are two doors right in the outside corners and centered in the middle is the wood stove chimney, which looks like the back side of a brick fireplace.

I have 2 pallet racks 32inches x 12 feet and one 38 inches x 12 feet. My plan is to put the two 32 wide pallet racks on the inside wall for desk. I will adjust the bottom shelf to table high, or maybe short table high for the kids to work. with their computers. Top shelf will be high enough not to bother and will hold crafts and other crated material that we don't use as often. I may buy contact paper and do each child's work space in a different or checker board color so that they KNOW just how much of that 24 feet is their space. This will be for the 6 older kids.

The other larger pallet rack I want across the room on the other wall. It also will have 2 shelves. The bottom one will be for crafts and sewing machines. That wall will also have the other sewing machines. In between we will have two tables and desk for the 6 yo. plus my desk to supervise it all. One corner will have a futon/couch day bed for naps setting and such.

This is all going to happen either way on if we get these 5 or not. It will just have to happen faster if we get the 5, since I will need the school room for babies.

What am I forgetting in this project? Ideas? Suggestions?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds really good, but what about the little ones space? They would probably like to do "school" also and would probably like their own desk/table space. I don't remember did you plan a space for school books/pencils and day to day stuff. I would have loved to have such a great space when I was doing all mine...