Friday, June 5, 2009

Five O'clock came and went and...

No news!

On the upside we got a wonderful haul from our produce co-op. We are eating wonderfully this two weeks. We have black berries, Cherries, Rainer even! Cantaloupe, watermelon and strawberries besides the usual avocados, peppers potatoes onions squash apples (28lbs) and such. We also got green beans for a nice change.

I think I will make a black berry cobbler for supper tomorrow night. Or maybe let girls. The cherry's are going fast. We only got one case, 16 lbs. They won't last the weekend. The watermelons are small. I think cutting one in quarters will give each child enough watermelon not to be satisfied but enough.

I can't wait to have green beans. These are really long and skinny, not sure what kind but bet they get eaten. When you consider all we got it is amazing our bill was only $134. This is about 90% of the fresh we will eat in the next two weeks. I love our produce co-op!

No comments: