Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Wed. Morning of Waiting...

"I must take time to come into God's Presents,
to feel my weakness and my need'
and to renew my fellowship with Him."

I bought a new book called "199 Treasures of Wisdom on Talking with God". I am going to start sharing one almost every day. It was a .99 book. Just filled with short one or two liners that make you go Wow!

Yesterday was a wonderful day. We had a friend and her kids over. It was great. I told the kids last night it was a sample of life to come IF we get the kids. We had 12 under 18 around here. I do have to say that the difference is she has VERY well behaved children and I'm sure for a while our new ones will be lacking in that area. Kids all had a good time playing and visiting and exploring. I had a wonderful time just fellowshipping and hanging out with a like minded mom.

I have made a little more progress on the garage. One more ranger load of trash ready for the dump and a small stack of give away stuff. I told kids if they would work today who ever finishes school gets to drive the ranger. Motivation! I hope! I did explain to DH what I want to do with the "computer" area. I told him he was in charge of lights.

Some one ask if I was planning a younger kids area. Yes, I may have forgotten to include that. I want to have a section for the littles to play. and then I have 2 or 3 small desk for them. I have a cubical that is three foot high and maybe 12 foot long. I want to use that as room divider or section divider. The cubicles are full of craft stuff, so if I turn it where the babies area is the back then I can put the chalk board on their side and have the stuff on a side that is easier for me to monitor. I wish I had more of those cubicles, but this was bought many years ago at a school sale. I have 2 or 3 small desk for them. That way they can do school too. Anytime they want they will have colors and paper and such like they can set at their desk and work. The 6 yo will have to set and do some, but not the hours and hours of structure that they have in PS. He is a reluctant learner at this point. I hope to change that with less structured learning and more fun learning. Doing is ABC's in chalk on the floor and lots of fun things that teach. I have a 24 yo reluctant learner! I have walked that road before.

We are still car shopping. We have looked at 15 passenger vans and since I do like to think out of the box we have looked at shuttle buses. We are really leaning that direction. I would love to drive one. I have driven a 1 ton dually pick-up. Since the buses we like are built on the 1 1/2 ton dually chassis I have a feeling they will drive about the same. I have also driven the ambulance a few times and it is also built the same way. That was stressful driving. I tended to be on the radio going we are headed where ever GET ME A DRIVER! So we are just praying and researching and asking questions and waiting.

No comments: