Thursday, December 24, 2009

Melt downs and other boring life around here...

Kids are doing great. They haven't meshed as siblings yet. I know this because they don't argue yet! All the arguments are between blood siblings. The two groups play nice. It will come as they become more comfortable. There are some disagreements between B and Tiger. B has never been taught to share well. Tiger is 2 he doesn't share yet!

I started this blog about 7. My new boys joined me shortly after that. We all had coffee together. Think shot of coffee cup of milk :) Drinking coffee I have discovered is a bonding time especially with TD. I think his dad let him drink coffee some. He seems to chill and relax and visit more.

It is now after 11 am. I am not getting much written. We have had snow and rain and WIND all morning, temps are just above freezing, wind chill is near 20. Chores were NOT fun. MN went and checked on a nanny that kidded just after dark last night, and just before the rain hit. She found one dead and one cold and not loved. She arrived back with a goat tucked in her coat. After I had 2 legged kids fed and all seeming playing well I ran to feed my sheep. I found a ewe with 2 lambs, fighting both of them. I got out to check closer and found 2 more lambs one almost chilled down. Another ewe did come and claim one, the first ewe decided she would feed one leaving me with 2, one of which was almost chilled down. I tossed them in my 5 gallon feed bucket to keep them in place and from freezing on the ride home.

Brought them in to find that TD and MN are upstairs talking. I went to check, TD had been crying and MN went to "help". I ask if they wanted my help. MN didn't care, so I ask TD who he wanted to talk to? He pointed to MN. So they are talking. TJ and B finished dishes that MN and B were doing when I left. I have found life is good as long as I can keep B from bugging TD.

B is so all over the place I can't decided if I am seeing ODD, or ADHD or just a lack of ever being taught and held accountable. I am starting to lean to no accountability. He "remembers" when he does something wrong. He also doesn't like being ignored with he throws a fit. I really had a hard time keeping it together last night as he threw a fit. I want them near me to fit throw. I won't feed off of it but I want to watch them so he was throwing a fit as son and DIL and I chatted. He yelled and did EVERYTHING to get me to notice him. He even got right in my face and yelled, I looked around him and told son to go on with what he was saying. The frustration on this child's face was priceless! In lulls I would calmly tell him I didn't talk to yelling children, he was welcome to stop yelling and come get in my lap and talk. He decided to go upstairs and rage. "Not a good choice. If you do that you will loose pizza for supper." He would come back and yell and stomp some more. Seems he just might have thought I really would make him skip pizza. :) See he IS smart!!! We did discuss clogging and I even tried a few moves since DIL who does clog was feeding the baby. B didn't seem to see the humor in it. I really think my clogging was better than B's! Finally he came and crawled up in my lap hugging me telling me he didn't mean all the mean things he said, he really liked me. :) We talked and he was fine again. Until the next time, which was less drama than that one.

This morning he was ask to get dressed. He didn't, he was "thinking" said with a big grin. Mom wasn't amused. I just pointed out he had his chance to get dressed now he earned setting time. Oh again we didn't like it. We yelled and cried and I focused on the puter as he tried to get me involved. I would just point out the longer it took the longer before he could be dressed and playing. MUCH shorter fit!

T is busy at this point playing school with B. This is good! I really would like to see what he knows. His language skills are so lacking or communication skills at least. She said he reads pretty well. :)

Right now my days and nights, my waking moments are spent accessing them. Strengths, weaknesses, issues, problems...... What and how I need to deal with each area. I am trying hard to sort the trees from the forest and see which trees need to be trimmed and which ones nurtured and which ones removed.

The number one thing I see with TD is his speech issues are hiding a funny lovable bright kid. He loves to tease and loves to tease ME. He is forever telling me he "broke" something of mine. A dish he is drying or what ever with this grin that melts hearts. If I respond in tune by fussing and teasing he glows.

LOL oh mercy! I have a sex education class going on behind me. MN is "educating" TD on how to tell the difference in boy and girl sheep. TD thinks it is all "gross". Just for the record I have one boy and one girl sheep and one girl goat in the house at the moment.

TJ just brought in her math assessment test she gave B. Writing is HORRILBLE, math skills are at least 1st grade. She didn't give all the test but the part she did he did well on knowledge but writing pffff! He "should" be mid second grade.

Another hour has passed as I worked on updating this and got updates from MN on what they talked about upstairs and talked with kids that made bad choices etc. I guess I will spell check this and see about lunch.

No comments: