Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Monday er Tuesday already!

This week is going to be confusing and crazy. Since DH was off yesterday that makes today Monday, right? We leave for vacation on Thursday. Along with packing and getting everything ready I have to go get our beef that is ready. Either that happens today or tomorrow with grandson in tow. I'm still not sure which way it will happen. I think of all I need to do and want to go back to bed.

My laundry is done. I just need to get mine packed. Dh's laundry is done. He needs to get his stuff packed. Kids laundry will be done today. Then they need to pack. I have a list a mile, (at least) long of things to not forget. I went shopping all by my self yesterday to fill the buy ahead list. We will grab some last minute things like salad and sandwich stuff Thursday as we are leaving town.

Yesterday we worked on organizing the camper. I ask why we had SEVEN skillets of various sizes? I also discovered we had 7 big stirring spoons. We only have three burners on the stove. I don't think there will come a time when we need 7 skillets. That isn't counting the big cast iron grill or the two smaller round ones we have also. We had enough plates to feed an army, not counting the paper plate holders and paper plates we had. Coffee cups? enough for everyone of us to have several cups of coffee before we had to wash cups. We ended up bringing in 3 or 4 crates of stuff we don't "need". This should make life easier to find room to store what we DO need.

We are still battling the stomach/head bug around here. T again felt yucky yesterday. She slept a lot had a headache and didn't really want food. I am praying she is healed this morning when she gets up.

S has discovered that maybe mom knew what she was talking about........ again. On her school work when she fails a test she has to redo that section. I can regenerate dates to make her not behind, BUT she will have more work each day until the school year is done. She "liked" this much better. I kept telling her she didn't want to do that. But she would pout around and so I explained once more how it worked. She still wanted it done. So........ your wish is my command! She got it reset several times. Then I took a week's worth of dates and reset them for vacation. Suddenly she has WAY more school than she wants. She ask if I would change the end date on school. I pointed out this is EXACTLY what I told her was going to happen. She agreed :) We talked about choices and how they really do effect us. We talked about how I gave her exactly what she ask for, just like I did her brother. I finally told her that she could take it up with dad that night. That night I reminded her to talk to dad. She told him she had reconsidered and was going to accept her consequences and live with them instead of getting further behind. She has worked hard staying caught up. She only has about 12 days of school left so it isn't a life sentence and it will help her make better choices I hope.

MJ was more than willing Sunday night to agree to just about anything to get off the stool. He seems to be much more willing to help. He was bragging yesterday morning after chores that MN didn't even yell at him in the barn. He really helped. I ask him how that felt inside. He said good. I wasn't around much yesterday so don't know over all how the day went. Today will be more telling. He did work WAY ahead in school while he was setting last week. So he will be free to help me more this week. I checked his school this morning and most of his work is done for the rest of the month :) Or close!

Guess I should get off here and get my day started. I really want to get my list checked off today so I can make a new list. Everyone have a blessed day!

No comments: