Sunday, October 5, 2008

Amazing God

God really is amazing! I know most of you know this, but just tonight He again showed me how much so!

MN and I were talking and she was talking about a fear she has. As she shared I ask if she had ask God about it. "No". She did want to. I took her hands and we started praying and asking God to show her the root of this fear. As she went back she would stop at this very graphic picture. She couldn't see a truth in it, but it was painful. We examined the picture and still nothing. I then ask her to look around to see if there was a spirit keeping her from seeing God's truth. (Believe me I am flying by the seat of my pants on this!).

As she looked around in her "picture" she saw a prancing spirit. I told her to tell it to leave in Jesus name. She couldn't, it was to powerful. She was afraid. I ask her to look for Jesus in the picture. She found him in the corner. I told her to move in to the corner with Him. He was in "her" corner. She did then had the power to tell the prancing spirit to leave in Jesus name.

After she told it to leave she looked around the "room" and found it hiding in the corner. She again told it to leave. Then we again looked at the "picture". She said this time Jesus said satan was in control of her life and the other people in the picture. That satan wasn't in control of her life anymore. We then looked at the fear that had started the whole thing. She said it was gone. This is a fear we have talked about more than once. It is very real and for very valid reasons.

I do not doubt (much) that God has taken it away. I just am in awe of His power and healing in my children. I continuously ask His forgiveness for my doubt. I know His word says we have the authority to cast out demons. I just find it amazing when it happens! I find it amazing and so humbling to be allowed to be apart of something so powerful. Today this was part of what we talked about in church. How little we really know and understand the power we have through Him. Then tonight yet again He used me and allowed me to be apart of something powerful. How powerful is MN going to be when at almost 11 she has experienced the power of casting out her own demons. What will God use her for as she matures in Christ? It is no wonder satan has fought long and hard to destroy her. He knows she is going to be a powerful force for Christ.

No comments: