Thursday, October 2, 2008

Lost~ 4 Joyful Spirits

My children are all setting upstairs trying to find their joyful spirits. They are all most welcome downstairs once they ALL find them. It may be a while. This morning started with bickering upstairs before they all made it down. Then it has been judgments and acting dumb ever since. As I was putting up milk I was asking God if some how I had a bad attitude and it was causing issues. I didn't think I did. About then they all 4 came in bickering. That answered that! I listened a few minutes and decided they could take it upstairs until such time they ALL can develop compassion and a joyful spirit today. I know it exists in all of them. I am just not seeing it today.

J is trying a new tactic. Yes, I think it is funny in a frustrating sort of way. Yesterday one of her chores was to pick up and sweep the school room. She did a quick pick up and try to tell me there was nothing to sweep. I know better! So back she goes and she sweeps, dirt, crayons, pens, pencils.... all into the dust pan and into the trash. I went to change the trash later and discovered the top full of crayons. Her logic, "You ONLY told me to sweep, so that's what I did!" OK that logic will work except that she does know how to do it right. She also didn't like it when I pointed out that T who is 7 knows the correct way so I ASSumed that a 16 yo would. I guess I was wrong. I will explain better next time.

She pouted and stomped upstairs. We got supper stuff out and told her we were eating if she wanted to join us. She wasn't hungry. Before we finished eating she came down in her night clothes. MN picked up on the fact she had a nightshirt on that said "Grumpy". It was lost and wasted on me. So "Grumpy" sat in the living room "reading" while we ate. Then the three littles and grandbaby all played in the living room while "Grumpy" grumped. I did point out if she wanted to be left alone and have "me" time she should pick a different spot. After grandbaby went home I sent the other three out on the porch to play. Grumpy is still "reading". I made her come set in my lap. She snuggled, not a bit of angry body language. Just a need to be snuggled. I think she didn't know what to do to get out of trouble. We talked a bit and just snuggled and chatted and giggled about lots of stuff for about 30 minutes then I sent all of them off to bed.

This morning they were late setting up the milker. I went on to the barn, sorted the cows. Put the bull and the beeves back where they went. Still no milker. I went to the house to find it setting in the cart at the back door. I went in and got the wash water and told them, "Thanks!" J said, "Your welcome." I said that was said sarcastic! She again tried the "I didn't know you wanted it at the barn." This was after she and MN decided that going to the barn and helping MIGHT be a good choice. I didn't buy it. I didn't even want to go there. I did point out even if she DIDN"T know the other three DID! I then sent them to gather the garden. "But, I want to help you." Three others are scrambling to do what mom suggested. I point blank told her that she wasn't welcome in the barn this morning to go gather the garden!

Wow they just came down stairs. One even gave me a hug and said sorry. The girls weren't as willing to go that far. :) I hope this changes the flow of the day.

Today is our catch up/down day. MN usually works ahead today. J has regular school and T and MJ can work a head but they don't have to. I try to come up with something fun and interesting to do. Like the bark rubbings. I may break out the microscope today and see what is to small for the human eye to see.

Thanks for the way to move pictures around on here. That doesn't sound to hard. I think I can mange that. So for I am liking the things I can do. I did catch the spacing issues. I am open to other ideas.

No comments: