Monday, October 6, 2008

Monday~Rain!

We had a beautiful thunderstorm blow through last night. It wasn't bad. The wind which had blown terrible all day stopped about the time the rain started. There was some lightening and a couple of loud cracks of thunder, but for West Texas a mild mannered storm that dropped about 2 inches of much needed rain. We were getting very dry. Grass fires were popping up almost every day on the scanner. No big ones had happened yet. This should give us a break from fires and a greener fall/winter. I can't wait to see how much water the pond caught.

I did get laundry soap made! I made three batches. One for myself, then one for my SIL and DIL. I hope my SIL likes it. She liked the price of it. Since almost everyone I know uses it it can't be to bad. For those that want the recipe it is on my recipe page. I was down to about 1 inch in a plastic gallon container. Nothing like procrastinating in getting it done. The thing is once you start getting it done then you wonder why you put it off so long. J got in on making the second batch and did most of the making for the 3rd batch. She loved it.

We had a great weekend! My SIL and nephew came out Sat. and stayed until Sunday. I wish they could come out more often. We had a great visit. I sent them home with part of my produce. I had bought extra just to send home with them. I also made granola and they got a bag of that. It is fun sharing what I do! I hope to do some more granola today. I like doing it with the dates for the sweet. It seems to work just as well.

Today MN is going to work with her brother. She almost didn't get to. She missed her time frame by about 20 minutes. I took pity on her, or maybe her brother as he called begging. He said that one of the other guys there would also be willing to call and beg. They have a big run this week. He didn't realize how many steps she saved him until she wasn't there last week. I told her this is the perfect time to negotiate for a pay raise. She wasn't sure what that meant so I explained more money. She said she didn't want more money, but more bottle babies/goats. Should be an interesting time to see what she comes home with if they have 3000 + head to sell.

Plans for this week? I have plans? Wow! News to me. Laundry isn't planned it just needs doing. Friday J is going to a girls retreat for teen girls. It should be a lot of fun and I pray eye opening to her. She will know two of the girls that are putting it on. The rest will be House of Faith Girls that come from unchurched backgrounds much like hers. I am praying that this will help her see the choices God is giving her. She is excited. It will be at the same place the Heart of Motherhood Retreat will be in Feb. That is a great time for moms! Anyone want to come? Start planning now, first weekend in Feb. It is a wonderful weekend of refreshment, growth, fellowship and great food.

Time to get my day started! All be blessed!

No comments: