Wednesday, October 22, 2008

I Guess I'll Post...

It hasn't been a bad week, but it sure hasn't been a good one. Sam is still hanging in there. He looks terrible and I feel bad for him. He has a spot draining up high on his good hip. I am glad it is draining, but wish it wasn't infected. Funny I prayed over him for the infection to leave his body and next time I checked this spot that I didn't even know was there had bust open. I just thank God it is draining now. He has eaten some. I go out and make him stand up along. He is trying to sit some now which I see as an encouragement instead of just flopping down.

The kids have been less than helpful this week. Monday I spent at least 4 hours on the swing with kids. It was productive and tiring. No huge issues, just little things and in part not wanting to do school :). Of course when mom is swinging the other three seem to forget they need to do school. Monday not every one even finished school. Chores getting done?? HA!

Tuesday was a bit better at least 1/2 of them got school and chores done. The fact that it cost them a ticket for each chore not done MIGHT have played a part in some of the motivation to get through.

Today I have 3 still doing school. MJ did his today's yesterday to avoid dishes. He has dish duty until further notice. Dad was less than happy when he discovered MJ was avoiding dishes again/some more. T is having LOTS of redo's in school. Why? The reason is very simple. "I don't like reading the lessons." Oh wow! What a reason! When she takes the TIME to read the lesson she seldom has re-do's. Today she was asking me how to round 367 to the nearest hundred. I started to help her. Stopped and ask if she had read the lesson? Silence! "Did you read the lesson? That is a yes or no question." Anyone want to guess what her final answer was? :) Lets just say I didn't help!

They are all 4 tippy toeing around me today. I told them to start the week off if they didn't help and if it was a bad week there would be no camping. I was tired and about 1/2 sick when I got home. They have not been model children this week to say the least. Mom resigned this morning. As of this morning I have no plan to go camping. Maybe dad will take them. I don't even care! I will send the food for Sat. breakfast with older son and DIL. If dad doesn't go and they want they can take the camper. That will give them a warm place and a frig. and two cook stoves. I don't know what will happen. I know I feel better no longer worrying about trying to get it all done.

I have granola cooking to take. Part of it is without almonds as I forgot to dump them in after I chopped them up. Oh well! I made a double batch.

Tomorrow I need to go help unload wheat. Our wheat order will be to a friends house about 7 AM. We will have 5000 lbs of wheat to off load. Some is buckets, some 50 lb sacks. Being early morning of a weekday it may be hard to find enough strong male backs.

I also need to go vote. I like to vote absentee since life has a way of happening to me. I need to go get a ton of goat feed to start feeding my sheep and goats some. I need to give MJ a hair cut before we have to come up with a female name instead of MJ. Tomorrow is therapy so I have to be in town by 3 for that. Add the fact that I have a nice long Sam's list and I don't see it all happening. I can go do the voting and feed on Friday since I won't be camping. :) I can't do those things today because school work isn't done. Tomorrow they shouldn't have school work. If they do then they will be staying home with me on Friday to finish. They will have all weekend to do it!

As I sort out what I can do when I am feeling less overwhelmed. I will just be the bad guy and they can adjust! It was their choice to not do school and chores in a timely manor.

I do have supper cooking. I started out making potato soup for supper. Sounded OK, but not great. I really wanted something with more spice. Like.... green chili stew! Mmmmmm I gave in to the thought. I don't make good green chili stew. That has to come from New Mexico. Mine is a poor imitation. Even at that it sure smells good. I can't wait to try it!

I have been multi tasking for a while with this post. While I have been working on it Sam has gotten off the porch and used the bathroom. He has moved around the yard a good bit. He is now laying out in the yard. I am very pleased! I did have to laugh as my windows were all filled with children excitedly watching him do his business! MN said he still looks beautiful to her! One of the others had said he looks funny with out his leg. :) Everyone keep praying!


If you read this whole post sorry for the whine. Guess today is just a whiny day for me.

No comments: