Monday, October 20, 2008

Sam Update

He ate this morning! That is a big deal. He didn't eat at all yesterday and drank very little water. I did take a syringe and give him water to insure he was getting some liquid. Lots of prayers from lots of people this morning he was hungry. I had a little table scraps, a little milk and dry dog food and almost a can of dog food. All left overs from us trying to feed him yesterday. I warmed the dog food/milk/scraps and took it to him. He would only eat out of my hand. That works I scooped he ate. I managed to hide his two pills in while he gobbled. I sent for the can of dog food. He ate that too. I figure that is enough for right now. Will give him more about lunch. I am just very thankful he ate!

He looks horrible. He is so skinny and with that leg gone at the hip it really looks strange, then the two middle toes of the other back foot are gone. I may need to change his name to Lucky, don't you think? I do pray today he starts moving around with a little more ease. I hate seeing him in so much pain. One of the pills we give him is to help with pain. Right now he is on a pallet on the porch in the sun. I am sure the sun will feel really good to him right now. He was cold earlier. I will be watching to make sure he doesn't over heat.

Thanks for all the prayers. Keep praying, he has a long road to recovery.

No comments: