Friday, October 10, 2008

Friday

Here are a few snapshots of life around here to start this blog off.

This is GS-T playing with his trucks. He was quite proud of himself for finding the "perfect" place to sit!


MJ teaching GS-T his letters with chalk on the porch.


T working on DIL's hair while J works on school.



Dishes for MJ. There are so many because he didn't do them right the first time and is getting to wash ALL the plates and cups. Doesn't he look happy? He is the child that makes the most noise when he finds a dirty dish. Yet, since he didn't want to do them he put many up greasy and otherwise unclean. When ask if he wanted to drink/eat out of the dirty ones his quick answer was, "NO!". So why would everyone else? Don't you just love kids logic?




Today is the Girls Retreat. J was very excited last night when she went to bed. She had an upset tummy and threw up. I am praying she is fine today to go. She hasn't gotten up yet. She did come downstairs sometime and homestead the couch. We had a wonderful greasy lunch and that may be what upset her tummy. It could also be some fear of being away from us. So many mixed emotions as these kids work on attaching. I hope she has a wonderful time at retreat. We are giving he a hard time about doing pizza tonight while she is gone. :) She on the other hand is saying she heard they would be eating cheese cake. She point blank told us she wouldn't bring us any!





Yesterday when we got home from town I noticed the Ranger was gone. I thought the big kids were probably dove hunting. I heard it drive up in a little bit. I went to tell them not to put it up as I had salt blocks that needed unloading out of the excursion. It was just DS and over his shoulder I saw a black ear in the back of the ranger. :) A calf ear! I knew I didn't have any calves that color/size so out the door I went to see what he had "found". You have to understand that around here you never know what someone is going to bring home. This time he hadn't exactly brought it home, at least from a great distance. It seems the neighbors hired hand came down and told him we had a calf on him. We didn't but this guy insisted. So to make him happy DS went to check. What he found was a very hungry, weak less than 2 week old calf. He caught it and brought it home. The neighbor did have cows there. My guess is they moved the cows a few days ago and this baby got left. Hired hand didn't want to deal with it, or didn't consider that or what ever. It wasn't ours, but it would soon starve without milk.

Because one of my milk cows has decided not to come to the house she is no longer with her calf. I will feed her calf IF the calf comes to the house at night. This made the perfect mama to fed this hungry baby on. Starting baby calves is usually less than easy. They are afraid of the strange cow. She doesn't smell right. If they are dairy calves they have been imprinted with humans so they want the milk to come from the human instead of that big black thing. This baby was different. Milk cow is really good about allowing what ever to nurse. Calf smelled her a minute and snuggled up and got down to business. DS said that was probably the easiest calf he had ever done. I hope she makes it. She is a beautiful black girl. She was very dehydrated and pretty weak. DS has decided her name needs to be Maverick. If you want to know why Maverick look the word up in the dictionary. :) I will try and get pictures today or DIL will try.

Yesterday was therapy day. I love hour therapist. She is so good. She is a Christian and believes in the Holy Spirit healing. She doesn't want to cart me off when I tell her of the healing times we have on the swing. We talked about all that has went on in the past two weeks. The healing times the issues and just life. She met with each child and they visited. Afterwards we talked again. I told her I may have my head in the sand but I don't see any deep rooted serious issues with any of them right now. She said she isn't picking up any either. That they are meshing into a family in an unbelievable way. They get along better than some "families" that are birth bio's. This is even after I had to referee an argument between the three oldest. They all were doing the be ugly to another one. They even admitted they didn't know how they ended up trading insults. I equally chewed on all of them. Then went back to talk to the therapist. In a couple of minutes they were all giggling and laughing. At this point most of our issues are kid issues. They aren't about being abused, or neglected or adopted. They are about being kids and testing the boundaries.

No comments: