Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Mainly a barn ramble

First I want to share this grand baby picture! See the shiner?

It really wasn't a shiner. It is chalk! Some how he managed to get it on that one area of his eye. The kids spend hours playing with sidewalk chalk on the porch. I am sure he some how put his face in a chalk picture as he went scooting off the porch. That is his new thing. He doesn't go to the steps. He lays down and scoots off. The problem is our porch is tall so he has about a foot drop after he scoots as far as he can before gravity takes over.
I sorted my sheep and brought them to the front side this weekend because I knew the were close to lambing. I just didn't know how close.


This is one of a set of twins. The other one and mama didn't want their picture taken. :)
Here is what happens when I ring the dinner bell.

This is a close up of my assorted sheep and goats. They are waiting on me to pour feed out for them. I have every color and just about every assorted breed you can buy here in W. Texas. None are "quality" or pure bred stock. They are gentle and hardy.

All of these but two should be expecting. They are the daddies to all the new babies. You can see the billy in the center of this picture. He is the red blob.

Today I am making bread. I haven't found the time or energy to do it in a week or two. I know that everyone will be thrilled to have fresh bread instead of crackers with meals.

Monday night when we came in from Junction I really didn't want to fix a meal so I cheated. I fixed biscuits and gravy and called it supper. Kids thought they had gotten a treat beyond words. It was quick and easy!

Yesterday I made stroganoff out of left overs. I had potato soup that needed using, the rest of the gravy and some mushrooms. I cooked some parsley and garlic noodles added the warm gravy mixture. Tossed a couple of table spoons of sour cream in and called it lunch. It was a hit! I guess I need to find something to really cook for supper tonight. I have avoided cooking all week it seems. :) We are getting low of freezer food, mainly beef so I am having to be more creative.

No comments: