Wednesday, October 1, 2008

New Day, New Month, New Blog Home

I am hoping it is easier to upload pictures and change the background here. I loved the peacock stuff on my old blog, but it gets old, just like the purple did on homesteader. So I keep looking for the "perfect" blogging home.

Yesterday we had a great day. We really seem to have lots of those. God is so good. J and I did have one little disagreement. She had ask to call her old therapist and I agreed. She started out talking to her and then started speaking untruths. I called her on the first one, that she didn't have a therapist lined up. Made her correct what she said. Then she told another one. I then said tell the therapist you will have to hang up now since you can't speak the truth. So the therapist ask to speak to me. :) We had a nice little chat and life went on. I had told J she had now lost phone privilages for not speaking truth as she was avoiding telling therapist she had to get off since she couldn't speak truth. Yes, I said it loud enough and close enough therapist heard it. Thearpist told me, "way to go!" She was glad to see someone wasn't afraid to address issues. :) She has no clue how many issues we address!

After I got off the phone J and I swung. She was mad at me. Gee imagine that! She didn't think it was fair that she lost phone privilages. She just told 2 lies. I said fine I will only put two goat pills in a pan of brownies. She wasn't OK with that! She said it would ruin the whole batch. So we talked about how lies ruin our lives. How they hurt the teller and those around her. I decided to let her see what dad thought. She can take the loss of phone privilages up with him. She was all for that! I just thought to myself, you think dad is easy :) Funny when dad came home she was busy and didn't mention it. Later she was going to call her old foster mom. I said no. She gave me the confuses look. I reminded her that she had lost phone privilages. She said, "Oh yea, until you talk to dad about it." LOL, "Nope, you will have to take it up with dad. It isn't my problem." Funny thing dad was setting at the table and she never bothered taking it up with him.

What I found interesting was that she was my shadow the rest of the afternoon/evening after our swinging time. I tried to read, couldn't had a child sitting beside me not really talking just there. The other kids wanted her to go ride bikes, swing or otherwise play. She didn't want to, she wanted to hang out with mom. Not a problem, but just different.

Since it was her day to help cook supper she helped me make flat bread. I ground the wheat and allowed her to add the ingredients as it mixed in the mixer. After it had risen she finished added the rest of the ingredients and punched it down. Then we made the balls for flat bread and let it rise. I showed her how to keep the flow going, roll one, flip on, take one off the grill. She kept asking for help. I kept doing other things toward supper and supervising. She was so proud of herself as the stack of flat bread grew! I wanted to put a picture of her cooking the flat bread, but it doesn't seem to want to go where I want it to! I will have to figure out what I am doing wrong.

We had a wonderful supper made with fresh hot flat bread that we each turned into individual pizzas. It was so easy and quick but yummy. We used canned spaghetti sauce for the sauce added what ever floated your boat. J even put some pinto beans on hers. Most of them microwaved to melt the cheese. I put a lid on mine and cooked it on the grill.


It is always exciting to think of what a new day will bring. What blessings and challenges we will face. I always wonder after we have had a challenge the day before how that child will be the next day. Usually, when we have talked it out and life has returned to normal I see growth in that child. Growth is such a painful process at times. I see the pain as my children grow. I feel the pain as I try to grow in God and walk His walk not mine.


Slow morning around here. I have now gotten cows done, breakfast behind me and still haven't posted. In part I am slow posting because the Internet is up and down and down and up. In part because I didn't get up early like I should have life has way to many distractions.

T was just asking for help with school. I went to help only to quickly discover that she hadn't even read the lesson! Wow! She read it and got it! Amazing! When mom gets tough about reading the lessons I have two that have a lot fewer redo's. Why can't they get it figured out if they study, and READ the lesson they will pass the quizzes much more often?


OK time to get this posted so I can go on to something more productive. I have 3 busy on school, one is "talking to God". Right! Yea, I have my doubts. Laying on the couch petting the dog and not being motivated sounds closer to the truth. I will just keep my mouth shut for now and see if school gets started or not.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alright, I'll follow you again.

I like the new design. The pic at the top is nice. Is that a pic from your land?

Have fun at your new home. I'll be checking it out.

~Tammy~ said...

The photoes will always appear at the top. Click on the picture, drag, and drop where you want them. It can be a pain sometimes, but isn't hard.

I notice that with every 'save' of a post, all the breaks between paragraphs get longer. You have to remove them before posting to get the spacing you want.