Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Pet Beds and Other Rambling

It seems that I really need to invest in some pet beds for my cats and dogs. I have found them sleeping in the most interesting places.
This is Sam. He is a clown all the time.
He always finds a chair to rest in.
This weekend we discovered this cat hanging out under the eve of the porch. She looks pretty comfortable. She is 10 ft off the ground. To access her bedroom you have to climb a ceder post that holds the roof up.
Yesterday I watched as Mouse, (yes that's the cats name,) making her a bed in my sage bush. That is the bush that I have at the top of my blog.
Now doesn't that just look like the "perfect" bed?
MN made quite a haul yesterday at Junction. She came home with 9 head of goats. Her "bill" was $66. I will have her average that out to see what they cost each. This "haul" included one grown nanny, 1 boar cross kid, 1 Spanish kid and the rest were angoras. Some of them were not bad, some were junk, no JUNK. She bought 5 head and had 4 head given to her. This morning we will worm everything and give meds as needed. We will move them out of the barn so they can graze. I will try to get pictures of what junk goats look like. I did laugh about it. It is so much a blast from the past. My oldest did this for several years. He would bring home junk, which was all he could afford. We would spend the next day doctoring it and hauling the dead to the dump. The ones that lived and got better in a few weeks/months he would take back to the auction to give him more operating capital. He called me after she got home to say "Your welcome" He just KNEW how much I was going to thank him. Wasn't that sweet? He did tell me he refused to buy several for her that he didn't think she needed.
I guess it is about time to start my day. Kids are sleeping late so I will have to do a wake up call. :) Hope everyone is blessed this wonderful day!

No comments: