Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Amazing Day!

Today was to be our field trip. I had found out Monday that J lied about being caught up on school to go to the Retreat. Ooops! Not a good move. I had checked with DIL to see if she would take the other three. J had worked hard, well sorta hard to get caught up in the hopes of swaying me. (I hear some of you chuckling.) Then yesterday MJ yet again didn't do dishes on his day. It isn't manly. I let dad talk to him. I just put him on dish duty until further notice. T decided to play games with the other two girls. She got busted on it. They are both mad at her still. Then I discover that MN lied about getting her school finished yesterday evening. This after I point blank ask her.

I REALLY wanted to go! REALLY REALLY! But, I couldn't allow this type behaviour to be rewarded. We stayed home. I was expecting a rough day filled with attitudes. What I got was an amazing day of peace!

J and MN worked on catching up on school. I had the CD's playing praise and worship music low. They sang along off and on all day with the CDs. They worked and laughed and generally were joyful to be around as they did school. T volunteered to go clean the camper. MJ did his dishes then his laundry and generally was fun to be around. He and T spend HOURS playing upstairs without fighting.

There was lots of teasing with the two girls down here. I am seeing a much more calm, content J. She laughs easy, but not a forced type laugh. She is starting to take teasing and give without getting bent out of shape.

After they finished school the two girls went for a walk. T wasn't invited. I am hoping some peer pressure will change her bossy, game playing attitude with the other two girls. They are mad at her over some lies. They "Love" her but don't trust her right now. I keep pointing out that they to have had their turn at lying and if Dad and I hadn't gave consequences and forgave them where would they be. I think the shunning consequence is quite appropriate. I don't think it will last long. J just can't shun well. MN on the other hand.... well she will finally get happy. I just don't understand how a child not of my womb can be mine in so many ways!

J is excited as she is loosing a LOT of weight. She probably has lost a full clothing size in her hips and waist. I am happy for her. She isn't dieting at all. She just doesn't have access to the junk food she use to eat. She was also talking about how well the acne treatment I bought her works. I don't think that has as much to do with it as the diet changes. Another change in her is her focusing ability. She was so proud yesterday because she stayed focused on school all day! Now my idea of being focused and hers aren't quite the same, but she is learning to handle her time and responsibilities better every day. She is taking pleasure in that.

Her mix and match way behind school is going good. I really feel we have about the right grade levels of school. She has ask me to install Bible, but I couldn't get the 3rd grade to install, so will dig out the 4th or 5th and let her do it. I am judging her abilities by the number of redos she has each day. Usually less than one per subject but 1-3 a day total. Some days a few more. Some days she is very excited and has NONE! Fractions seem to be one of her hardest areas of math. She will be done with the grade levels we are doing Jan. 1. Ready to jump to the next grade level. Her self-esteem is also rising as she succeeds in her school work and other areas.

Tomorrow we are having the CPS worker "visit" again for her monthly visit to see if J is still breathing. J laughed today about meeting her at the door doing deep breathing to show she was breathing and telling her bye! She is to be here about 9:30. I hope I get the cow milked and breakfast done before then. My light speed morning around here the past week or two don't reflect that happening.

I also need to decide if we are having Pizza for Friday night camping or hamburgers. Then either make Pizza dough and freeze it, flat bread for personal pizza's or hamburger buns for hamburgers. I am leaning toward the flat bread pizzas. It is easy and we can all decorate them to suit ourselves. Sat. night we are having dinner as a group with the other Outbackers. I am hoping it is fun not a drunk fest. :) If it is to wild we will just take our Taco Salad back to our RV and pig out! I made granola today so we will have that to take for breakfast. I have also been ask to make pancake batter. Toss in some eggs and maybe peppers and onions and we will be set!

All have a blessed tomorrow!

1 comment:

~Tammy~ said...

My best trick with fractions is cooking. So far, all the kids have caught on by doubling, or halving recipes. Or figuring out what they need to do to make a recipe that serves six, serve nine instead.