Thursday, October 16, 2008

CPS Visit, or lack there of!

You gotta love our CPS! Worker called yesterday wanting to come out and visit. She wanted to do it today, which was fine by me. Get it behind us. Nine thirty arrives and passes. I get a couple of phone calls that no one talks on. We all feel sure it is a lost CPS worker. Finally she gets enough service to talk. She is not even on the right HWY. I manage to get what HWY she should be on out and loose her. She goes back to the wide spot in the road to get service about 9 miles from our turn off. She gets directions and ask if I will be going to town anytime soon. I am going this afternoon. She ask to just meet in town! She was so flustered it was funny. We all had a great laugh and will see her at DQ about 5:30. Last time she was afraid of the cows. I told everyone then she would be calling and asking us to come to town for meetings. it IS funny but sad at the same time. What happens if they really NEED to find us? Of course they could ask at the little store that IS the wide spot in the road. They might even get better cell phone coverage.

A month ago J would have really been bent out of shape over this. It would have bothered her. She was laughing right along with us. Helped finish the cooking and went on to do school without any fallout. A month ago there would have been fallout!

Come to find out she used her "GPS" to find us. I died laughing when she told me that! I told her she was lucky she got as close as she did. Last person that tried that ended up in the wrong county even. She has been out once before. She also has written directions that I have provided. Maybe I need to print off a map and give her.

No comments: