Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Blessed Tue.

Today I plan on spending a lot of time in prayer for our nation. I have been praying already. I have to walk in faith that no matter who wins God is still supreme and in control. My faith has to be in Him, not in what I see.

Jan ask me about Grandmothers dip. It is easy to make. Not good for you and yummy! This is the original way my mom made it. I will then share how over the years I have changed it.

Dip
1 lb ground beef
1 lb sausage
1 onion
1 bx 2# velveta cheese
1 can Rotel
Fry meat add finely chopped onion, cheese and rotel. Heat until cheese is melted and mixed well.

My mom use to make this the day before Thanksgiving. Then we would snack on this for breakfast. It is good with chips or spread on bread and toasted. Kids beg for it several times a year.

Here is how I have changed it over the years.

First I double everything. I use 2 lbs of hamburger and 2 of sausage. I like the hot breakfast sausage for it. Then I got lazy and buy a can of nacho cheese instead of the velveta. I never buy rotel. That stuff is expensive! I can toss tomatoes, onions and peppers in the vita mix and have the same thing at a fraction of the cost. Besides I can control the hot. We use it as a dip, and pour it on chips for nachos. For Thanksgiving I keep it warm in a crock pot.

Hope someone enjoys it!

No comments: