Friday, November 14, 2008

Friday!

Yesterday was a great day, for me any way. I think I may have finally gotten my point across on getting up in a timely manor. I have children that don't think being up and dressed by 8 AM is important. We have ask and ask and talked and talked about how learning to be responsible is important as they get older. Still can they make it down stairs ready for the day by 8, HA!

Yesterday was no exception. So instead of getting mad/frustrated/crazy I smiled. Did their part of the chores and as they strung out to the barn to "help" I questioned each one on what time they needed to be ready for the day. They all knew the correct time. So then I pointed out they were making a choice to not do that. When you make choices you have to be willing to accept the consequences of that choice. Nuff said! I finished what I was doing. Wouldn't to further in discussing it. When I get back to the house they all want to "do their consequences now." Not happening!

I baked bread, showered and got read to go ............ somewhere. Part of them finished school, part didn't. Part did their chores, part didn't. They knew mom had plans, but not what those plans were. DIL knows but like me is mum. We all load up and off we go. They are still in the dark.

When we get about 5 miles from my friends I ask them what does the Bible say about how much a thief should pay back with they steal? After a moment some one says 7 times. :) So I then ask them if they "stole" my free time by making me do their part of chores? Hummmm seems they could see that. So I ask how late they were coming down? Answers ranged from 15-30 minutes. So I had them take the 15 minutes times 7 and see how long they each needed to set. By then we had pulled up in the drive of our friends house.

I did have one child foot loose and fancy free. She had gotten up and helped. So she scampered off to play. I had to laugh as I placed the other three around my friends table. She had three setting at the bar finishing school work so they too could play.

I didn't make them set the whole 105 minutes, but I am sure it seemed like HOURS to them. MN did earn the right to set the whole time since her school work wasn't done.

I guess it did make an impression on them. That or the fact that mom announced if they want to continue playing the push mom on getting up game she is now ready to play! The consequences will only get more creative! Bring it on! I had two girls up before 6 this morning and dressed!

Now the down side of that is that they want to chat during my time of a morning. But I am sure we will find a balance if it continues for many days.

After our great afternoon of visiting we came home and I checked sheep, separated my cows and fixed supper. I cooked the last two packages of steak I could find. :( I did announce to everyone no more steak until the beef is done. He is ready to go to the processor. I just need the trailer unloaded (DIL and son's garage sale rejects.) and backed up to the pen so I can feed him in it a few days and make loading him much easier and less stressful on me.

Today is produce! Yea! I really need to up my produce order somehow. I can't seem to order enough fruit. We have been out almost a week again. I did cook the last of the potatoes night before last. Last of the squash last night. I need to print out what I order and double it in some areas I guess. Apples go first around here, then the oranges. If I get soft fruit they are gone over the weekend. Strawberries or any kind of berry for sure. I keep adding to the apple order, but they still eat them all! Each two week period I hear from a week to 4 days worth of "We're out of fruit. I wish we had some fruit." We are going to do produce back to back for Thanksgiving so I will get to order two weeks in a row.

Guess that is along enough ramble for today. All be blessed!

No comments: