Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Productive Day

After a real dry spell of swinging I did lots of swinging today. Not anything serious. Just little things that if I can catch them little won't be big. MJ got up with an attitude about the girls but mainly J. I finally sat him down and he could set until he could tell me what was going on. He ask after about 30 minutes if he could tell me on the swing. Seems he was "mad" at J because she shares more stuff with MN than with him. I really think it all boils down to him wanting to have his nose in every one's business and the girls don't put up with it, especially J. I wasn't overly sympathetic to him. Girls were even less. Like they say when they include him then he doesn't want to hear it or he stares off into space and doesn't listen so, "Why should we tell him?" Hummm good question.

Then J and I talked about stuff from her past. We have agreed to allow LIMITED contact with her bio's. I set some very straight fwd guide lines. By mail and no pressure to do anything. J wrote her and got a reply. I read the reply before I gave it to her. It was all about what she wanted J to do. NOT acceptable. She did include some pictures and a halloween card. I gave those to J and was honest about why no letter. J looks at me and says, "Thank you for setting boundaries for her." Not the answer I had expected. J wasn't surprised. In fact as we talked she pretty much told me what was in the letter. Seems this is normal. All about what "mommie" wants done, nothing realistic or considering what J needs are even wants. J wanted to hear how her grandmother who is in a nursing home is doing. Not one word about her. I also told J there was nothing about her grandmother. It hurts my heart for her. We talked a while and J admitted she is sad and mad and disappointed in bio mom. Over all J handled it very mature. I was proud of her.

Then it was MN's time to swing. Why? Maybe because others had? Just some little things that were bothering her. After we talked MJ said he wanted to swing again, but was busy with school work and said maybe later. I hope he decides before it cools off.

In other news girls are making flat bread for pizza for supper. I mixed it up and then we all made balls and once it was ready to roll the three girls are doing it. NOT without some bickering, but not to much. :) Normal sister type stuff.

Once that is done we will cook the hamburger meat. I'm not sure what I will put in it besides some garlic and onion. I may sneak fennel seed in to give it an "Italian" flavor. I am to lazy to make sauce from scratch so I will use some spaghetti sauce for the sauce then every one will add what they want to their pizza.

Lots of singing and giggling and such coming from the kitchen. I love it when we have days like this. Days that are "good". Not melting down or running scared making bad choices trying to see if we really are committed and do love them. These are the days that make those days worth while. "Normal" days!

Why is it I have accomplished very little that you can see yet I feel it has been a full and busy day? A day that is filled with God's peace. I love it when the kids aren't so draining. At times that is so consuming and exhausting. I never know if it is me or if it is them. Am I out of balance or just over my head. Usually after much prayer and some down time I find a new balance and can deal with what ever they throw at me. I know that is getting me back in balance with listening to God, even when I didn't know I wasn't.

No comments: