Saturday, November 1, 2008

Saturday




Since kids had all their school work done early on Thursday we made cookies. I helped them mix in the kitchen aid and over saw the measuring. We started out with everyone having to re-write the recipe doubling the ingredients. Then I left them to cook the cookies with just enough overseeing to not burn the cookies to much.


Yesterday was a very productive day. We accomplished a lot. It was produce day so we were off, not as early as we should have been to help sort produce. No great deals or wonderful buys. We did get some yummy apples. They are sweet and tart and crunch.
After that a quick stop at the grocery store for cream cheese to make a very late birthday cake. I had all the stuff to make it, but discovered that they put the cream cheese on the shelf with the other ingredients. Maybe this afternoon we will get it made. It is a cherry cheese cake. It is made the quick and lazy way with instant pudding and can cherry pie filling. Still it is yummy.

Kids also got a reminder mom doesn't like to be manipulated. T put J up to asking, "They were wondering if we could have a snack?" Even "I" was wondering would have went over better. This was in the grocery store. They had just taken fried chicken out of the fryer and mmmm it smelled so good. I was going to be really bad and buy some to eat on the way home. Didn't happen! We had fruit when we got home. T and J both new better. J tried to blame T. I pointed out that J has a wonderful brain God gave her, use it! I also pointed out that T didn't even try it with the other two as she knew they wouldn't do her dirty work. Mean mean mom!
We came home and kids just played around. I snapped this picture of MJ being a boy.

The gun is a play gun and his "ammo belt" is a chain off of some piece of machinery from days gone by. He looks dangerous doesn't he? :)

We also got our gin trash to feed the livestock yesterday. Kids couldn't wait to play on it.

I'm really not sure who had more fun the goats or the kids. I had to call them in just before dark. To say they were dirty wouldn't even come close! It is fun!

I now have a new favorite picture of my oldest daughter. Isn't this a wonderful picture? Doesn't she look happy?

Plans for today? I get to baby sit! At least a little while. DIL is helping with a garage sale. Daddy is off deer hunting. Today is the first day of deer season. I am sure he will return with a deer. Mean while I get to have the grand baby until such time as daddy is through hunting. After that we may go look at some mountain cur puppies. I really want the kids to have a dog that is bonded to them. We will see if this pup is the right one. Mountain Curs are hard to find in our area. They are more popular east of us. So finding one in driving distance was an accomplishment.

I also hope to work in the garden some this weekend. I would like to get it planted. DH needs to work on his back hoe, but can use the bucket to bring some old cotton seed trash down to mix in with the soil before we plant. Then he is taking a fitting off the hydraulics that leaks to get it replaced.

Sounds like we will have a busy day/weekend. Hope everyone else has a great weekend. I think I will get off here and go make biscuits and gravy for breakfast. I need to start stock piling biscuits for dressing next month. Stock piling them means grabbing them and putting them in the freezer as soon as a meal is done. If I wait there is none to stock pile.

No comments: