Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Joyful Spirit and other Child ramblings...

My daughter in love is working hard to teach grand son to have a joyful spirit. He falls in a heap because he doesn't get his way and quickly and sweetly finds himself setting in a chair until he finds his joyful spirit. It seldom takes him very long to find his joyful spirit. He is a delight to be around. I laugh because he ha

s started appealing to a higher court. If he gets in trouble with me then he goes quickly to mama crying the whole way. The other day he was in grand dad's stuff. He knows that is off limits. I happened to be the one that found him. After a pop on the hand and removing him from UNDER the desk off he went to tattle on me. Mommy was most sympathetic..... not! She and his other grand mother did get a good laugh at his appeal since she was talking to her mom.

This is the latest picture of him. He is doing the fussy baby bit. Not wanting to be held, not wanting to play. He does seem to take great pleasure in being passed between all that tote him around today. I have a feeling he is cutting more teeth the way he keeps holding his mouth. At the moment he is being ergoed around by mommy. He is happy as a clam for the moment.

Since the ergo had such a wonderful effect on him do you think it would help this less than joyful spirit?

I don't send children to their rooms for long term. I don't ground to their rooms. Face it there are just to many "fun" things in them. I ground to the chair in the center of the living room. Yes, this child who really isn't named "Mark" as her shirt implies, (garage sale special) has lost her joyful spirit and is indeed searching for it, or should be anyway. If anyone finds it please ship it to me ASAP. She and I would both appreciate it.

She seems to have lost it yesterday and hasn't recovered it yet. She decided to start the day off being tacky to J. Didn't fly with mom. She and MJ both had to spend some time upstairs. They assured me they had lost the ugly spirit. Maybe MJ has. MN then decided to draw goat pictures instead of work on her school work. My thinking is if she isn't going to WORK on school she doesn't need to be setting at the computer, where she was using her school time to draw. As the picture shows she isn't happy.

Can she go back to working on school? Sure! She is going to have to speak truth to me about what is going on. We are going to have to have a nice long talk, probably in the swing. She did try earlier, but she forgot the main ingredient, speaking truth. Setting on the porch swinging is much more fun than growing roots in the middle of the living room floor. She tried to skirt the issues and enjoy swinging and not answer. Didn't fly well with mom.

To top off this bad attitude tomorrow we are going to spend the afternoon at a friends. No, they don't know. I see no reason to use carrots to finish school work. It needs to be done because it is their responsibility. Those that have it done will play. Those that don't won't. I may even copy off LOTS of pages of basic review for anyone that needs to keep their hands and mind busy. I am pretty sure that MN won't be playing. She didn't finish yesterdays school because of attitude and hasn't done much/any of it or today's. Oh well, her choice.

I did bake a batch of granola bars for tomorrow. Instead of adding chocolate chips I added craisins, raisins and almonds. They look really good. I will have much less trouble staying out of them with the raisins than chocolate chips. I am thinking about making some no bake oat meal cookies, but may talk me out of it. I would like to take more than one pan of granola bars. Way to many kids for that. Maybe I will do bread in the morning. I will add cinnamon and butter and sugar to it and roll it to cook. That is always a treat and would be easy.

No comments: