Monday, November 24, 2008

Monday, counting down to T-Day

Today I did..........hummmmm I am sure I did something to get ready for Thanksgiving. I did grind my wheat to make pie dough. I am using soft white for my pie dough. We will see. I use prairie gold for all my other stuff.

We did do some extra cleaning. Not much, just some of our treasured piles got unpiled. What you see is pretty much the way it is. Like it or not!

Oh, I thought of another family to invite. They have 8+ kids. I hope they get to come. They haven't made plans so maybe.

I did laugh at J over inviting a family of 10 or so. She was like, "will we have enough food?" I died laughing. I have a 25 lb turkey, a 20 lb turkey, and an 18 lb ham. I make my dressing in the same container you saw I used for trash. I will use a about a gallon of milk for my giblet gravy. The fruit salad bowl is my largest bread making bowl. Think at least 18 inches across and 10 deep. Pie count is about 12-15. This isn't counting what ever others bring. Oh forgot the sweet potatoes! Two kinds! Just butter and one that is really messed up with all that marshmallow "stuff" on top.

Tomorrow I have produce to go get and my dh should be home. I may split the kids with him. Leaving some to help him here and some to help us sort produce. We both have list that need doing. I also need to put a note on one jar of milk do not shake! I need the cream to make chess pies.

I will try and get pictures of Thanksgiving day progress as we have some.

1 comment:

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Nola - how did soft white work for your pie crusts? My family is REALLY missing my pies...and I've been so dissapointed with EVERY whole wheat pie crust recipe I've tried that I quit making pies. I was thinking about trying soft white....and now you can tell me what you thought.