Saturday, November 15, 2008

Different Day...

The play day didn't happen for us. Dh woke me up about midnight with chills. Yuck! He didn't start tossing his cookies until this morning, but he has been a sick puppy all day. Kids and I talked about going without him. I didn't really want to, but didn't want them to miss. We decided our friend probably wouldn't want us there with DH sick. So they were OK with staying home. To make the day more fun I made bubbles for them to play with. This was simple, easy and fun.

I also ask each of them to share three of their favorite recipes that I cook. If someone had already shared a recipe then they had to think of a different one. With 4 kids it got hard to come up with one that hadn't already been requested.

I then dug out the requested recipes and typed them all on the computer. After I did that I used my smilebox to make recipe cards of each recipe. They then cut them out. This was to be the start of their personal cookbook. They loved the idea. Soon they were requesting LOTS more. I then let each one of them type out the recipes they wanted on the computer to add to my growing recipe file. After they had exhausted their fingers or my personal cook book I printed them all off. I think they have them all cut out now. Next time we go to town I want to look for picture albums that are 4x6 to hold all their recipes. They have a bunch! They are also talking about which other ones they want to add.

I will be adding more of these recipes to my recipe pages as I have time and energy. Of course they are in no order in the file I have. :) So I will try to organize them as I put them on the web page. I added a few today.

I am hopeful that DH is on the mend. He is keeping coke down or has managed to for a couple of hours now. That is an improvement. He does still feel like he is running a fever. I am praying tomorrow will be a better day for him.

No comments: