Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Drip Drip Drip and other rambles

Rosie


It seems I have been busy dealing with kids. Nothing bad, just drip drip drip. Lets see, T decided to "share" her chips Thursday with her brother and sisters. She was so kind she put them UNDER each ones pillow. These were those really nasty Cheetos type that turn every thing they touch orange. She got the privilege of washing everyone's bedding the next day. She decided it wasn't worth waiting until they were dry. She would just make beds with... damp bedding. Didn't fly! The good news is it was noticed before bed time. So she again had to strip a bed and re hang stuff on the line.

MJ spent his week avoiding ALL his chores. Come Sat. and Dad had him do his WHOLE chore list. This took most of the day. Yesterday he did his few chores without fussing.

Then Sunday morning I had 3 children that decided they didn't need to get up and help get ready for church. They were still "upstairs" at 8:30. I was not a happy camper when I went to do chores and saw them watching from the windows. By the time I got through with chore and I had simmered to a fine boil. Came in only to find dad beat me to the punch. He was chewing all three out. I just joined in!

That brings the dripping to Monday. Monday miss J got up came to the couch and parked. She was "reading". Didn't get dressed, didn't help set stuff up. Did finally get dressed way after the time she was suppose to. Didn't go to the barn. Was waiting on mom to explode. I had to take MN to the hwy. I fussed at her quietly all the way there and back. She still was not admitting she was pushing mom's buttons. I don't check the work all time on the computer. I allow God to lead me. Drives kids nuts. Monday I was let to check J's school. BUSTED!!!!!! 17 behind! This is lessons/test/quizzes total. This is NOT counting what she had to do yesterday. We spent about an hour on the swing talking. Good news is she was able to voice a lot with me. Including how hurt and angry she is at bio mom. She has never before put that into words. She has been told she shouldn't be mad at her. Why??? I have no clue! But in talking she seemed to have worked out what ever it was. She sat down about 11 at her computer and worked until 7 pm. She got them all done! Including yesterdays. She now has to show me before she shuts the computer down she finished.

Yesterday we had a 40% chance of rain. We are really dry. We prayed all day it would rain. It didn't. It built just east of us and moved east. Oh well, maybe next time. Then about 2 AM we woke to boooooooom! Hummm rain? Yep! DIL and grand baby scrambled over here just as it started. I didn't even hear them come in until I heard the chatter of the grand baby this morning about 6. It came 2 different little thunder storms. All total we had abut 1/2 an inch. This is the first since the last of Aug. Chores will be nice and muddy. YEA!!!

I will be checking this morning to see if I had anymore lambs born last night. They seem to like stormy nights to be born. My lamb count is up to 7. Three sets of twins and one single. They are so cute. One set is funny and you would never think of them as twins. One has the wool sheep look, tight mat of curly wool the other looks totally hair sheep, straight soft hair. They are black and white spotted. I have one white set, the spotted set, the other set one is white, the other is white with a black head. The single is spotted.

Yesterday Rosie gave me a chuckle. She was barking like crazy at the end of the porch. I went to see what she had. She usually does have something when she barks. It may be a paper sack, but it is strange to her! When she saw me she ran to me and back to the edge of the porch. At that point I thought it was the laundry on the line. I kept walking and she kept barking. The hair on her back was standing straight up, mean dog! I got to the edge and looked down the side of the house. She had "found" 4 male peacocks strutting their stuff. I'm sure they were also rattling their feathers along with the full fanned tail. Now granted they don't have much to fan yet, but still 4 of those monsters! I reassured her it was OK and we kept walking she was in front of me most of the time. Still on full alert growling at them. She finally got close enough they gave it up and hopped the fence. Oh such a proud dog! I did tell her how proud I was of her. I do want her to alert on anything strange. I also didn't laugh in her face! I waited until I was in the house.

I guess this pretty well catches up what has been going on around here. Life as usual. Nothing exciting or note worthy. Hope everyone has a blessed day! Leave me a note along so I feel like I am sharing not just journaling for myself.

1 comment:

Emily Grace said...

Nola,

I'm on the TX Rubies board, and that's how I found your blog. I love reading about your life in the country and your "no nonsense" parenting style. Although mine are all little (7, 4, 2 and one on the way) I still learn a lot just from reading about your daily activities. Thanks for writing :)