Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Wednesday... I think!

This morning when I got up and looked outside. This is what I saw.
Isn't she cute in the stroller? I wonder how long she will fit? She was quite happy there this morning.
This morning kids were eating breakfast as I went to feed sheep and check on them without 2 legged help. Not without help though! These were my co-pilots. What makes this funny is RC, the black dog is a grump. He doesn't want any of the other dogs to near, much less touching. Yet he is OK with Rosie riding there even putting her feet on him. Silly dog!
As I started out to check sheep I remembered my camera. So I got this picture of one of the little lambs. He was napping and mama walked off from him. Don't you love his droopy ears?


Yesterday I made tortillas. I used 7 cups of flour. Last night there was ONE tortilla left. It has been suggested I make more today. Maybe I need to "suggest" they make more. They were good. I managed to roll them out extremely thin. They gobbled them like hot cakes!


Tomorrow is town and therapy day. I have this huge grocery list. I am not looking fwd to it, but it is only once a year right? I need to break it down to a "Sam's list" and a Grocery store list. Add library to the list for tomorrow and it will be a full day.
Then I got an email from J's case worker. "Sorry for getting in touch with you so late. I am going to have to visit with J. Are you going to be in town any time this month? Thank you" Remember the mess last month? Remember she assured me she wouldn't wait until the last minute? :) Oh well, I know they are busy. I really would rather come into town than stress MN out with a visit from CPS here. She is going to meet us at therapy. That will make my life much easier.
Kids are learning to make breakfast omelets. They are getting good at them. They either share or make their own. Adding all the stuff they each want. I am trying hard to give them more freedom in the kitchen. :)
This morning I was thinking as I plotted out my day tomorrow about how much they will all be learning as we make the list and shop for all the ingredients to cook Thanksgiving Dinner. How important is this life lesson? Not only the organizational lesson but the giving lesson as we invite people, some we don't even know to join us. They are all open and looking for anyone they can invite that will be spending Thanksgiving alone. My SIL called yesterday to make sure it is OK to bring a single mom and her 3 kids. I laughed and said bring more! I keep looking for anyone God wants me to invite that I haven't.
I guess I better round up my library books. I need to get them in the car. I also need a couple of ice chest for tomorrow. Most of what I am buying isn't cold stuff, but a little is. I just hope that my produce order comes in with all that I ordered there. Other wise I will be scrambling to get stuff Tue. At least I will be have most of it.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Nola,
I'd love your recipe for tortillas.

Thanks,
Laurie