Sunday, November 23, 2008

What I am doing instead of getting ready for Church...

Yesterday we got a new dinning table! Yea! This is our old table.When it was a circle it was a good sturdy table, but add 3 leaves so we could all fit under it like this and it was much like setting at a see-saw. I have been looking for a couple of months for the "perfect" table at my low end garage sale price. We found this solid oak table and 6 solid oak chairs in the paper. It was over what I wanted to pay, but it is also a very very well built table and chairs. I was excited because it had 2 huge leaves. Making the table 9 ft. I can use the 9 ft table, but not and cook at the same time in the kitchen. One less leaf allows me to have 8 chairs under the table and room to move around the kitchen.

I did splurge and buy material for a table cloth and a new plastic cover to go over my material. I had wanted to use something fall like, but didn't find any that floated my boat. I did find John Deere that I loved! What do you think of the finished product?


Now on to what I am doing today. I decided to take the camera as I went to do chores. I am getting quite a few lambs. They are so cute. Here are a few pictures of them. Yes, they are just as soft as they look. If you look at the spots you will see that they are all different lambs. I have lost count of how many now 10-12. Most are spotted, I think 3 are white and one is white with a black head.



After I fed my sheep I went to the barn to milk. Is this a bunch of beggars or what? All but one cow is a milk cow. Most are not being milked right now. The blond one is due soon. The others have orphan calves on them. The horned one is our one and only beef cow we have left. The donkey isn't sure if she is a cow or donkey.

This is the one milk cow I am milking. How is this for milking the lazy way? She isn't giving a lot of milk. She is giving about a gallon a day plus 2 coke bottles for the bottle babies. It is keeping us in milk and sorta keeping a friends little ones in milk part of the time.







Now I saved the cutest for last. Tell me doesn't this sleeping armed baby look just like is dad? Don't you love it? He is crazy about guns already. He knows exactly what sound a gun makes.

3 comments:

Julie Zesch said...

I love the table cloth it is so cool, the picture of Tyrel is so cute.
Annie

Julie Zesch said...

And, thanks so much for keeping your friends little ones and big ones content with a milk. Your are such a blessing!!
Julie

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, I understand the joy of a huge new (new to you) table. We just bought a used 8 seat dining table and china cabinet through Ebay for $100. It is great to fit the family all together. I love the tablecloth and your site.

Felicia